We're with you every step of the way.
About Our Services
Wilson Health’s Nurse Midwives provide ongoing health care to women from adolescence through childbirth to maturity. Our goal is to help you become a stronger advocate for your health. By partnering with you, we customize our care to meet your unique personal preferences for physical, emotional, spiritual and social support through our growing community resource network. We focus on education and respectful guidance to give you the tools necessary to make your own decisions about what works best for you.
We're With You
Women choose Wilson Health’s Nurse Midwives because we have a team of highly trained medical professionals who not only provide comprehensive services, but partner with you every step of the way. Our care includes:
- Practice evidence based care in the treatment of women through the lifespan.
- Is rooted in advocacy and support for socioeconomic and cultural diversity, promoting individualized care that addresses a broad range of women's health needs.
- Develops strong bonds with women and their families through constant and close communication, which enhances patient care and encourages better outcomes.
- Promotes physiology birth and choice during labor.
- Has shown excellent clinical outcomes, including increased birth weights and reduced infant mortality, as well as high patient satisfaction scores
- Promotes lifelong care, encouraging good health habits and self-care practices needed for disease prevention
- Features more ample time during office visits for questions, helping women take a more active role in their health
Care You Can Trust
At Wilson Health, we know that having a baby is one of the most joyous and exciting times in the lives of parents. Women cared for by our Nurse Midwives give birth at The Copeland-Emerson Family Birth Center at Wilson Health. We take pride in making each experience a memorable and wonderful occasion for parents and families.
The Family Birth Center at Wilson Health offers an experienced maternity department providing both a private and personalized experience for mothers and families.
- 10 spacious birthing suites; 4 recovery/post-partum rooms for C-section deliveries; and 3 observation rooms
- C-section surgical suite conveniently located adjacent to the post-partum recovery rooms
- Large walk-in showers
- Sweet Beginnings Boutique conveniently located inside the Family Birth Center lobby
- Complimentary snack area for family members to enjoy while staying at the birth center
- Convenient drop off area for expectant mothers to easily enter into the birth center
- Complimentary Picture Perfect Babies™ photo session
Dr. Melissa Stec, DNP, APRN, CNM, FACNM, FAAN
Dr. Missi Stec has been a nurse midwife since 2006. She earned her Master’s in Nursing in 2005 and her Doctor of Nursing Practice in 2010 both from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. She has practiced full scope midwifery in Cincinnati and Lexington, KY over the past 15 years. She is also a professor in the School of Nursing at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. Missi lives with her husband, Bob, and their three sons, Nate, Brooks, and Rory alongside their four dogs.
To learn more or schedule an appointment with Dr. Stec, call (937) 498-5373.
Danielle Allen, CNM
Danielle Allen is a nurse midwife with WHMG ObGyn. She earned her Master's in Nursing in February of 2021 from Frontier Nursing University in Hyden, Kentucky. Prior to her decision to join Wilson Health, Danielle worked at Family Beginnings Birth Center at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton. She worked directly with CNMs, Obstetricians, and residents to care for women in triage, ante partum, labor, delivery, immediate postpartum and care of the newborn. Danielle looks forward to continuing on her passion for helping women throughout their lifetime.
To learn more or schedule an appointment with Danielle, call (937) 498-5373.