Visiting Hours & Policies
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit.
Please remember that patient care is our primary concern and in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established for each unit. Please check with the nurse if you require visiting hours that differ from the established hours.
Family Birth Center
The Family Birth Center is open 24 hours with designated Quiet Time from 1 PM to 3 PM daily. If our patients grant permission to have visitors, we will too!
Medical, Surgical, Pediatric
10 AM - 8:30 PM
Parents are permitted visiting privileges that apply to pediatric patients at any time during the day or night. Any court-ordered restrictions will be followed.
8:30 AM - 8:30 PM
Quiet Hour is between 2 PM and 3 PM. Visitors to this unit are limited to two. Children 7 years of age and older accompanied by an adult may visit at the nurse's discretion.
We have modified our Visitor Policy, effective February 28, 2022, at Wilson Health. Please see the below-updated policy:
*If you are ill or experiencing symptoms such as fever, coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat, etc. please wear a mask in all facility locations.
Family Birth Center
- Family centered care allows 24-hour visitation; Quiet time from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- All visitors are required to obtain clearance at the nurses' station by checking in and out each time before entering or leaving the unit.
- During recovery phases of deliver, the only visitor allowed to be at the patient's side would be the signifcant other/recipient of the ID bracelet. The recovery period requires the nurse to closely monitor the mother and newborn for 2 hours. This provides the mother/significant other an opportunity to begin bonding with their baby.
- Visitors with fever, diarrhea, respiratory infection, communicable disease, or cold sores will not be allowed admittance for visitation due to the risk factors in exposing the newborn.
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit unless they are a sibling of the newborn.
- Children are not to be left unattended. All children, including siblings, must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult whose primary responsibility is to care for the visiting child/children and who can leave with the child/children if it becomes necessary.
- Unattended siblings of the newborn may not stay overnight at the family birth center.
- Visiting hours are 8:30 AM until 8:30 PM; Quiet hour 2 PM until 3 PM.
- Children 7 years of age and older accompanied by an adult may visit at the nurse's discretion.
- Visitors of patients on the Critical Care Unit will be limited to two at a time due to the physical constraints of the environment of care.
- Visiting hours are 24 hours a day.
- Parents are permitted visiting privileges that apply with pediatric patients at any time during the day or night. Any court ordered restrictions will be followed.
- After patients have received a medical evaluation, visitors are limited to two visitors at a time due to the physical constraints of the environment.
- An adult support person will be allowed to stay with a patient up arrival to the Emergency Department unless the nurse or physician determines that restrictions need to be enforced.
- Parents of a child will be allowed to remain with the patient upon arrival to the Emergency Department unless the nurse or physician determines that restrictions need to be enforced.
- Permission from the emergency physician on duty is necessary to allow visitors to observe a patient in trauma.
- Visitors are limited to two persons due to the physical constraints of the environment.
Same Day Surgery
- Only two visitors are allowed due to the physical constraints of the environment.
- Visitors are permitted to visit in PACU at the discretion of the PACU staff and in such circumstances as Extended Stay or a pediatric patient.
We still limit (1) visitor for COVID(+) patients per day with proper PPE in place. Visitors must remain in the patient room the entire visit.